DIY Washi Tape Coasters & A Linky Party

8.30.2012

Pin It!

I have seen so many cute coaster projects floating around the internet & when I found a stray tile in my downstairs bathroom, I decided to make one for my studio.  


What you will need:

  • Ceramic Tile
  • Washi Tape
  • Mod Podge
  • Paint Brush

My favorite places to get my washi tape are:


I like the look of ripped tape, so I decided to rip instead of cut mine.  I started on the edge & wrapped the tape around the tile. Then I started placing the tape on the coaster how I thought it looked pretty.  


Pin It!
Keep going until you get the entire tile covered & the desired look.  Make sure you wrap the tape around the edges so it is sticking on the back. 



Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge over the entire coaster (I did a total of 2 coats) & make sure you apply some to the tape that is wrapped around the back so it does not start to peel off.  


Pin It!
It's the pretty, little, simple things like this that make me smile! Every time I sit my coffee on it, it makes me happy.

Pin It!
I'm also kind of in love with the inside of my new mug from T.J. MAXX


Pin It!
While I had my tape out, making things pretty, I decided to decorate the tape holder my brother in law made me.  I love that little thing! 

Pretty + functional = the best kind of things.


A few of my favorites from last week's link up:


♥ DIY Tile Coasters (which inspired today's DIY) by Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted.


♥ Inspiration Board by Gussy Sews- I have plans to make a similar one for my studio! 


♥ Hutch re-do by Rustic Living- I just ADORE how she took the bottom doors off & added wire baskets!
Did you make something or complete a project this week?
Grab a button, Link up & share!

Photobucket
Photobucket
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan